The W2AMC Club Station at Custer Institute, Southold, NY
* W2AMC, the Peconic Amateur Radio Club station, is located at the Custer Institute, 1115 Main Bayview Rd, Southold NY 11971.
* The station has all-band capability from 160 meters through 70 cm; operating modes include: CW, SSB, FM, RTTY and WSJT Digital modes (JT65, FSK, JT9).
* There are 3 transceivers available at the station:
1) YAESU FT-857 (160M THRU 70CM)
2) KENWOOD TS-450 (160M THRU 10M)
3) ALINCO DR130 (2M FM).
* There are 6 antennas available; all switchable to either HF transceiver:
1) 3EL ROTATABLE HF YAGI (20M, 17M, 15M, 12M 10M)
2) 6M 3 EL ROTATABLE YAGI
3) 2M/70CM VERTICAL for VHF/UHF FM USE.
4) A 137 FT UNFURLABLE SLOPER (160M & 80M) for temporary use.
5) A 40M/30M/20M UNFURLABLE DIPOLE for temporary use.
* A Dell Windows XP computer is installed at the operating desk with a Wi-Fi Internet connection and is interfaced with the YAESU FT-857 to provide digital mode communications from 160m thru 70cm.
* A Signalink Sound Card interface units connects the computer to the FT-857.
* A Kenwood PS40 power supply provides +12VDC for the Alinco DR130, an LDG Z-100 Autotuner and the Signalink digital interface.
* An RS-20A Power supply provides +12VDC for the Kenwood TS-450S and the Yaesu FT-857 radios.
* An LDG Z-100 Autotuner is used with either HF tranceiver on the 160M through 10M bands. An MFJ Manual 949B Tuner is used with the FT-857 on 160M or 80M only.
* A station Operating Manual as well as individual manuals for each piece of equipment are available on-site at the station.
*The station is open each week for member's and guest's use, generally on Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 10:30am to 2:00pm. Other times and days can be arranged for contests, schedules, DX opportunities,etc. Please contact NY2NY at PECONICRADIOCLUB@GMAIL.COM